Updated at 2022-03-14
Definitions and key terms
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit 101Earth.com and use the services.
- Personal data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information -including a personal identificatin number – allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by 101Earth on this platform.
- Third-Party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide out content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: 101Earth’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: 101earth.com
- You: a person or entity that uses the Services of 101Earth.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other internet connected device in order to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language perference or login information. They are completely safe and can’t be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device.
We use first party and third party cookies on our platform for various purposes such as:
- To faciliate the operation and functionality of our platform;
- To improve your experience of our platform and make navigating around them quicker and easier;
- To allow us to make a bespoke user experience for you and for us to understand what is useful or of interest to you;
- To analyze how our platform is used and how best we can customize it;
- To identify future prospects and personalize marketing and sales interactions with it;
- To facilitate the tailoring of online advertising to your interests.
What type of cookies does 101Earth use?
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are called “first party cookies”.
Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for our platform to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the platform and use its features. If you remove or disable these cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use our platform.
We use the following types of cookies in our platform:
We use essential cookies to make our platform work. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality such as security, network management, your cookie preferences and accessibility. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to use basic services. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Websites function.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our platform is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our platform for you.
These cookes collect information over time about your online activity on the platform and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective to you. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers. Without cookies, it’s really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
Third Party Cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our platform are not set on a first party basis by 101Earth. The Websites can be embedded with content from third parties to serve advertising. These third party service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. Third party service providers control many of the performance and functionality, advertising, marketing and analytics cookies described above. We do not control the use of these third party cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
We use Ezoic.com for the monetization purpose of this website. You can view the list of cookies that may be placed by Ezoic.com while visiting this website here.
How you can manage cookies?
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their ‘settings’ preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you’re located, you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.
Via Email: [email protected]